Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Clapotis is done


Hi all!

I finished the Clapotis shawl in June, but took awhile getting around to taking pics. Anyway, here it is. It looks nice. I wore to my reunion and got many compliments. I am not terrifically happy with it. The main problem (and the one that can't be fixed) is that the chenille strand worms very badly.

Also, I miscalculated the yarn and came up short. Some fancy "arrangement" and a big pin took care of that. If I decide I really love it, I will try frogging--if the yarn can take it, I will re-knit the whole thing a little narrower to get the length.

This is a Drop Spindle hand dyed yarn. The pattern is on Knitty archives.

1 comment:

JennKnitFer said...

That's beautiful! I have a wrap that I took apart also so I know how you feel. But your project is lovely.