Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Clapotis is done


Hi all!

I finished the Clapotis shawl in June, but took awhile getting around to taking pics. Anyway, here it is. It looks nice. I wore to my reunion and got many compliments. I am not terrifically happy with it. The main problem (and the one that can't be fixed) is that the chenille strand worms very badly.

Also, I miscalculated the yarn and came up short. Some fancy "arrangement" and a big pin took care of that. If I decide I really love it, I will try frogging--if the yarn can take it, I will re-knit the whole thing a little narrower to get the length.

This is a Drop Spindle hand dyed yarn. The pattern is on Knitty archives.

2 comments:

JennKnitFer said...

That's beautiful! I have a wrap that I took apart also so I know how you feel. But your project is lovely.

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).